Due to the COVID-19 virus, our 2020 Show has been canceled. If you are a dealer and wish to exhibit at our 2021 show or future shows please contact:
• Wilbur Pfromm at "firstname.lastname@example.org"
The Michigan Mineralogical Society strives to present to the public, through its annual Greater Detroit Gem, Mineral, and Fossil Show, dealers in gems, minerals, and fossils. The annual selection of dealers and their assignment of floor space is solely at the discretion of the Show Committee and the Dealer Chairperson.
The following considerations are used as a guide: pricing, quality of merchandise, the variation of stock, dealer locale, and general knowledge and expertise in their field. The dealer’s history with the Show and reputation in the show circuit is also considered. Further, the Dealer Chairperson seeks to achieve a balanced diversity of merchandise. Thus, selection and admission as a dealer/vendor to an annual show do not provide any assurance of selection and admission to a subsequent show.
Rates for space at the 2021 MMS show are as follows:
All tables are 8 x 2.5 ft. F = front, S = side, B = back. Back tables are NOT skirted by MMS.
Specific booth dimensions and layout are provided on another handout included with this contract.
• 12 tables (6F, 2S, 4B) = $1,260 ($630 deposit with contract)
• 10 tables (5F, 2S, 3B) = $1,050 ($525 deposit with contract)
• 9 tables (4F, 2S, 3B) = $950 ($475 deposit with contract)
• 8 tables (4F, 2S, 2B) = $840 ($420 deposit with contract)
• 7 tables (4F, 2S, 1B) = $750 ($375 deposit with contract)
• 7 tables (3F, 2S, 2B) = $720 ($360 deposit with contract)
• 6 tables (3F, 2S, 1B) = $660 ($330 deposit with contract)
• 5 tables (2F, 2S, 1B) = $580 ($290 deposit with contract)
• 4 tables (2F, 2S, 0B) = $500 ($250 deposit with contract)
• 3 tables (1F, 2S, 0B) = $370 ($185 deposit with contract)
Location, Dates, and Show Hours:
South Macomb Community College Expo Center, Building P located in the southeast section of the campus (14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088) and is best reached off of Hayes Road. The college campus is located at the Southwest corner of 12 Mile Road and Hayes Road.
• Fri Oct 8, 2021 (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
• Sat Oct 9, 2021 (10:00 am – 7:00 pm)
• Sun Oct 10, 2021 (11:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Dealer SET UP is scheduled for the day before the Show:
Thu Oct 7, 2021 (9:00 am – 8:00 pm)
Dealers should pack and load as soon as possible after the show closes on Sunday.
Most customers during school hours on Friday will be students on field trips led by their teachers and chaperones. Students and chaperones ranging from 750-1500 in number should be anticipated. All Dealers are expected to be open during this important time.
It is expected that the Dealer will stock and display items suitable for young hobbyists/collectors both in their nature and price, and that suitable educational information will be provided whenever possible.
The educational benefit of the show is greatly enhanced by displays. Teachers with classes attending the show can maximize the educational benefit for their students if they know the specifics of the displays before attending. Dealers with educational displays are asked to provide a specific description of their display and related example questions for K-12 students.
If you are a dealer and wish to exhibit at our 76th show or future shows please contact:
• Wilbur Pfromm at email@example.com